Remote scan of Win7 Clients (MBSA 2.1.1)
fbl68
2010-02-22 15:39:02 UTC
Dear all,

I face the following issue:
After installing the MBSA 2.1.1 I tried to check all computers within our
domain.
Scanning the XP machines was successful, but by scanning the Windows 7
machines, I received the error-msg that the WUA is not supported by the OS.

To verify this, I checked one of the Win7 machines and installed the MBSA
2.1.1 locally.
I was able to scan the machine locally, but by doing a remote scan to this
machine I received the same error-msg as before.

I also tried to do the domain scan from this Win7 machine -> same error.

Anny hints are very appreciated.

Kind regards,
Frank
Bill Sanderson
2010-02-22 23:43:45 UTC
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc184922.aspx

See the MBSA FAQ, under "How to correct common errors"--3rd query.

You need to have the remote registry service running on the Windows 7
machines, apparently.
I can't test this tonight--might remember to do so tomorrow.
Dear all,