Internet Explorer Script error
Efraín Morales
2009-01-01 03:01:00 UTC
Many times I get this error message:

An Error has ocurred in the script of this page.
Line : 156
Char : 11
Error : Object required
Code : 0
USL :
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Baseline%Security%Analizer%202/viewreport.html
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No

This is happening lately and very frequently. With few exceptions do I get
the correct report.

Please help.
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-01-14 20:16:44 UTC
Thank you for posting this to the MBSA newsgroup.

This is almost always an issue with MSXML being corrupted. You may want to
download the latest version of MSXML (which is MSXML 6.0) from micosoft.com
and install it to see if this corrects the issue.
Doug Neal [MSFT]
***@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.
Please help.
Efraín Morales
2009-01-31 06:10:01 UTC
Thanks for your answer. I downloaded and installed msxml6.msi as recommended.
Restarted. The problem still exist with a 70 % error failure. This is what I
have discovered, If I uncheck only the checkmark in the "Check for Windows
Administrative Vulnerabilities" I get a 100% success in 20 consecutive tests.
Thanks again,

Efrain
Please help.
Loc
2009-03-16 18:15:04 UTC
I know this is an old post but I thought I would share my solution as google
brought me here and it may others. I use XP Sevice pk 3 and had the exact
same error;

An Error has ocurred in the script of this page.
Line : 156
Char : 11
Error : Object required
Code : 0
USL :
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Baseline%Security%Analizer%202/viewreport.html
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No

I tried many solutions including installing msxml (all versions). The
solution that worked for me was to remove MBSA all MSXML versions then all
.NET installs, starting with the last installed version. I then rebooted
used ccleaner to remove registry traces installed msxml4-KB954430-enu.exe
then reinstalled all the versions of .NET getting all the security updates
for each. Finally installed MBSA. It seems if you damage or remove MSXML
while leaving .NET installed it causes some sort of conflict. Anyway hope
someone gets some use from my advice.
Please help.
docswillco
2009-04-19 12:59:01 UTC
trying to stop crashes, looking for downloads, got stuck here.
--
William (Doc) deLange