Scan Result Error: (0x80004002)
SwiftPoint
2009-05-26 18:28:01 UTC
Some client PC's are reporting back with an error:
An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0x80004002)

We reviewed the MBSA FAQ and did not find this specific error condition.

How do we resolve this issue.
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-05-29 16:09:34 UTC
Thanks for sending this our way. You may want to review
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956708 to resolve this issue with the
Windows Update Agent (WUA client) on each target machine that's reporting
this error.

Please let me know if this helps...
Doug Neal [MSFT]
***@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.