MBSA 2.1 "cannot load security cab file"
Dan
2009-07-16 18:09:02 UTC
I have MBSA 2.1 and WUA 3.0 on a windows 2003 SP2 server. I downloaded the
current wsusscn2.cab and copied it to the CACHE directory under my user
profile. When I run the scan I get "cannot load security cab file".

I looked at several blogs for help but they all say to update the above
files, which I already did.

This scan worked last month, if there is a problem with the current CAB, I
can live with that, if not, can someone share some insight on the problem.

Thanks,
Dan
Chang
2009-12-16 22:17:01 UTC
Automatic Update service needs to be running. Remember it's the service not
the Automatic Update in Control Panel.

Automatic update in control panel can be turned off, but the service needs
to be running in order for MBSA to scan using Windows Update or Microsoft
Update catalog.
Dan
b***@gmail.com
2012-11-17 11:27:38 UTC
thank you chang
2***@gmail.com
2015-08-27 18:24:45 UTC
I have the service running, still getting the error