wsusscn2.cab file - hard to get a new one???
unicorntoo
2009-10-19 18:38:22 UTC
I have the 2.1 version of MBSA. It has been a a few months since I ran this
- and it was time to check on my servers.

I tried running it on a server that I knew would get the new wsusscn2.cab
file for checking windows updates. But it failed.

I have tried searching for this file and found this as a place to get it
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926464, it starts to download and then fails
saying file unreadable or something.

Is there a file out there somewhere I can get? Is this still used? Is MBSA
still a Microsoft supported product?
johnny_mango
2009-10-28 04:10:01 UTC
The FAQ tells you where to download the files from. There should be 4 in
total which you'll put into the 2.1\Cache route - the other 2 files are
indicated when you open the xml file in Notepad.
johnny_mango