MBSA 2.1.1 error viewing reports on Windows 7
Walter Goulet
2009-11-11 05:59:36 UTC
Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed MBSA 2.1.1 on my new Windows 7
Ultimate PC (x64) and have run the MBSA tool. The scan appears to
complete successfully, but when I attempt to view the reports, I get
what appears to be an Internet Explorer script error ("an error has
occured in a script on this page") with line 156, char 11, error
Object Required. The URL reported in the error box is to the location
of the viewreport.html file in the MBSA install directory.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this error? My
Windows 7 install came with IE8 pre-installed.

Thanks,
Walter
René Lebel
2009-11-17 21:29:04 UTC
Hi Walter,

Please note that I have the same problem with Windows XP (SP3)
MBSA 2.1.1 with exactly same error.

Some reports run alone worked ok. But the first one about Windows Admin
Security isn't working at all.

I hope someone answers our problem.

Regards,

René.

Bill Sanderson
2009-11-19 23:29:43 UTC
I can’t say for sure about your error, but I've seen some instances of
Microsoft XML report viewers where if you just let it sit after such an
error, the report may, in fact, appear after some minutes--it's worth trying
that out if you haven't given it a chance.

Uwe Oldenburg
2009-12-06 10:59:01 UTC

Uwe Oldenburg
2009-12-06 11:23:01 UTC
Sorry, I forgot my message.

I've got the same problem with XP Professional SP3.

The procedure of Robert (see down) did not help.

I hope, there will be some help from microsoft.

Regards

Uwe

John Lewis
2009-11-24 23:09:02 UTC
I have the same exact problem in Vista 64 bit. It appeared in the latest
update.

I would really appreciate Microsoft addressing this problem.

Regards, JHL

Robert
2009-12-03 18:27:02 UTC
Hi Everyone,

I was able to get around this error by running the following:

Start | Run | (type in) regsvr32 ole32.dll | [OK] & reboot.

I had to make a batch file to execute at every boot
SomeOldGuy
2010-01-24 00:59:01 UTC
Thanks for the suggestion. On my new Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, I get the
identical error described by others (script error at line 156 character 11).
Earlier suggesting of waiting does not work on this machine. When I try
"regsvr32 ole32.dll" it tells me it loaded, but gives me error 0x80070005.

Is there any hope of getting this issue resolved so we can run MBSA on the
newer machines?

z***@gmail.com
2013-09-30 22:18:53 UTC
On Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:59:01 PM UTC-8, SomeOldGuy wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. On my new Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, I get the
> identical error described by others (script error at line 156 character 11).
> Earlier suggesting of waiting does not work on this machine. When I try
> "regsvr32 ole32.dll" it tells me it loaded, but gives me error 0x80070005.
>
> Is there any hope of getting this issue resolved so we can run MBSA on the
> newer machines?
>

> Yep, I am having the same problem as you. Do you have any suggestions?
Mine is the company's Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit machine.