Error 1721 in the weak password section
Shawn Martin
2009-07-17 19:18:01 UTC
I keep getting Error 1721 for local accounts I have on 2008 server (64-bit).
I'm running the MBSA under a domain account that is an administrator of the
server.

The local account that keeps getting flagged by MBSA has a password of
Wh$v9Jx^=b

so I have no clue as to why it thinks that is a weak password. Any
suggestions?
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-09-08 20:27:24 UTC
This was actually an issue with Windows. The well-documented API calls
didn't function correctly until Service Pack 2 of Windows Vista and Windows
Server 2008. If you still have this issue after upgrading to SP2, please
let me know.

Otherwise, this is unfortunately an expected issue since Windows isn't
responding correctly to MBSA's request.
Doug Neal [MSFT]
***@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.