MBSA 2.2 : Windows firewall tests cannot be run due to an error (error 0x00000001)
Marc
2010-11-11 19:45:09 UTC
Hello,

Using MBSA 2.2 under the french version of Windows 7 Home Premium, I am
getting this error:
"Incomplete Scan Windows firewall tests cannot be run due to an error
(error 0x00000001)."
or more exactly its french equivalent :
"Les tests du Pare-feu Windows ne peuvent pas être effectués en raison
d’une erreur. (0x00000001)"

I ran MBSA successfully during several months before the error
happened.
A search on Google let me know that I am not alone, but no solution
seems to be available ...
I have also an old computer under Windows XP SP3 connected to the same
local network and there is no problem with MBSA on that computer so I
don't think it is caused by my ADSL router.

Thank you for your help,
Marc
Marc
2011-09-13 20:28:44 UTC
I just found the answer : the problem is caused by a virtual network
interface created during the installation of the VirtualBox software.
MBSA fails with error code 0x00000001 if this interface is enabled, but
not if this interface is disabled via the Win 7 control panel.

Now I will try to find a way to keep the interface enabled without
causing MBSA failures.

Marc