MBSA 2.1
max
2009-06-08 09:45:01 UTC
have reinstalled MBSA and cannot run security test anymore, the name of my
computer has changed into workgroup/*error*, have uninstalled and again
installed MBSA, erased perso files security scans cfg files, but there is no
help, searched regedit, I think I have to install windows again or someone
can help me wat to do.
thank, max.
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-06-15 20:09:48 UTC
Thanks for sending this our way, Max.

When you see the error “WORKGROUP\*error*” in Computer Name field, this is a
sure sign that the MBSA requirements as detailed in the MBSA help file
aren't present. Specifically, the File and Print Sharing service is not
enabled as called out in the MBSA help file. Enable File and Print Sharing
(which enables the required Server service) and the problem should be
resolved.
Doug Neal [MSFT]
***@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.