WSUSSCN2.cab
Peter Schirmer
2009-04-11 11:11:57 UTC
Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct NG, but I want to know if
wsusscn2.cab contains other information about updates than only security
updates.

For example I haven't seen any information about Powershell.

Thanks!

Peter
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-04-13 20:36:36 UTC
Thanks for sending this our way, Peter.

The WSUSSCN2.CAB file only contains three kinds of updates based on their
classification: Security Updates, Update Rollups and Service Packs. This
means that all other updates (recommended, non-security and driver updates)
will not be included in the WSUSSCN2.CAB file. I hope that helps...
Doug Neal [MSFT]
***@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.
Peter
Peter Schirmer
2009-04-14 09:01:29 UTC
Thank you Doug.

I had a discussion about the contents. A friend of mine said that there
are updates / files like Windows Media Player or Powershell. But they
are not included. ;-)

Peter
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-04-14 17:13:29 UTC
When there is a security update for Windows Media Player, then yes. But for
non-security Windows Media Player content, no. The same is true for
PowerShell. To date, there has been no security update, service pack or
update rollup for Powershell - so it would not be included in the CAB.

helps...
Peter Schirmer
I hope that helps...
Rich H
2009-07-10 01:45:00 UTC
Is anyone aware of a differenct WSUS.cab file that extends the content to
include the full compliment of patches aside from the security updates,
rollups, and SP???
Post by Peter Schirmer
Yes it helps. Thank you!
I hope that helps...
Doug Neal [MSFT]
2009-07-14 01:30:44 UTC
There is no such thing. The only offline catalog (CAB) file produced by the
Microsoft Update infrastructure is the WSUSSCN2.CAB file that contains only
those three classifications; Security Updates, Update Rollups and Service
Packs.

Post by Rich H
Is anyone aware of a differenct WSUS.cab file that extends the content to
include the full compliment of patches aside from the security updates,
rollups, and SP???
Post by Peter Schirmer
Yes it helps. Thank you!